This trek has got the lot. We warm up by visiting the turquoise lakes of the Gokyo valley for spectacular views of the huge massifs of Cho Oyu (8153m) and Gyachung Kang (7922m), before crossing the Cho La pass which links Gokyo to the main Everest trek at Loboje. Then we climb to the summit of Kala Pattar for close up views of Everest’s South-West Face, before racing down the Khumbu valley to the famous Buddhist monastery at Tengboche for the annual festival of Mani Rimdu.
Please note that the narrow Gokyo valley rises quickly in altitude and therefore some of our trekking days are very short. This is vital if everyone is to be properly acclimatised before tackling Gokyo Ri and the Cho La.
For those who wish to extend their stay in Nepal we can arrange a raft trip with our sister company Himalayan River Exploration or a visit to the renowned Tiger Tops properties in the Royal Chitwan and Royal Bardia National Park
01. Arrive Kathmandu and overnight hotel
02. Kathmandu and overnight hotel.
03. Fly Kathmandu to Lukla and then trek to Chumoa.
04. Trek from Chumoa to Namche.
05. Namche - Rest/acclimatisation day.
06. Trek from Namche to Phortse.
07. Trek from Phortse to Dole.
08. Trek from Dole to Marcherma
09. Trek from Marcherma to Gokyo Lakes.
10. Summit Gokyo Ri (5483m) and return to Gokyo.
11. Trek from Gokyo to Chyugima.
12. Trek from Chyugima to Dzong La via Cho La Pass
13. Trek from Dzong La to Loboje.
14. Summit Kala Pattar Peak and back to Loboje.
15. Trek from Loboje to Tengboche.
16. Mani Rimdu Festival.
17. Mani Rimdu Festival
18. Trek from Tengboche to Namche.
19. Trek from Namche to Lukla.
20. Fly Lukla to Kathmandu and overnight hotel
21. Kathmandu and overnight hotel
22. Depart Kathmandu
About Cost: Please email us to receive good price & more info!!